Canalave Library

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canalave Library

Uxie gave me a description. This is a library.

Pizza Delivery [T]

Zorquil the Fluffy
    Zorquil the Fluffy
    Admin
    Admin

Pizza Delivery [T] Empty Pizza Delivery [T]

Post by Zorquil the Fluffy Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:10 pm

This fic was made during the time I was listening to for 8 hours of "Pizza Time". Why I was listening to "Pizza Time" for 8 hours... Blame Vray.

Warning: Implied Drug Abuse, Bike Murder

"Pizza delivery!" I shouted as gleefully as possible, holding a bunch of pizza boxes in front of an open door. "You orde-" Within a blink of my eyes, the boxes from my paws were a few Poké. The door slammed and I stared thoughtlessly for a moment. "T-Thanks for your patronage!" I called out. Verifying the amount of Poké, I found myself impressed with how exact this amount was. I returned to my bike, wondering if the Slaking stood next to the door to snatch up his order.

Reaching in my basket, I pulled out a clipboard and crossed out the order. "Let's see... Next order is... two large Occa-Salsa Grand Kalos Baked, two Breadstick Boxes, one medium diet Soda Pop, and one medium Lemonade. Address is... 486 Vulture Lane? Erm..." Pulling out a map, I traced my finger and tapped at the map. "Ah, over here! And that's..." I connected the two areas and internally screamed. "Twenty-four blocks away. Okay. This is fine. Totally fine."

Placing everything back into the basket, I carefully balanced my bike and started riding down the street. The sun was still in the sky, heating everything on the ground. Fences blocked off yards, with the ground covered all over in concrete. Riding out of the complex, I felt great envy of multiple cars riding freely on the black roads. Here I was with a bike, having to ride on either the sidewalk or the bike lane, tiring out my legs as I pedaled all over the city.

I forced negative thoughts and thought of the perks of being a pizza delivery girl. "I don't have to exercise much since I get a lot biking around," I thought, nonchalantly riding forward. "I get paid a pretty good amount. I get discounts on pizza and can get coupons for my friends."

I tended to do this whenever I started getting grumpy. 'Always greet customers with a smile!' Such a dumb motto my boss drilled into our heads, but I wanted to keep my job, so I abided. 'Just keep looking forward,' I told myself many times, though it was hard for me to keep looking forward when what I looked forward to was so far out of reach.

Stopping at a red light, a red car with multiple stickers of various punk bands pulled up beside me and rolled down their windows. A bunch of teenagers sat inside, sodas in hand. "Hey, Pizza Girl!" a familiar voice cooed.

I grumbled under my breath. "Damian."

A Gabite stuck their head out, tapping the car with their claw. He had the most grating smug smile on his face that I just wanted to smash back into the windows of the car. "Hey, how's the bike, Pizza Girl?" he taunted, and I swore I could smell some type of substance in his breath. "Bet you had to pay a lot when you crashed it."

"Company repairs, thank you very much," I said, facing forward and bracing myself for the green light. "Have anything better to do than remove bike breaks or cut straps, or do you have a life outside sabotaging my job?"

"Now, now, why would you say I did those things to you?" the Gabite said with a faux-innocence tone, while the others in the car chuckled. "Are you sure you're not just clumsy and broke it with those big teeth of yours?"

"Seems a bit early to pull out your only joke, don't you think? Or did your dense brain finally come up with a new joke after three years?" I said flatly, giving a mocking side-glance of my own. The other let out a hollar of "ooo"s while Damian glared. I couldn't contain my own smirk.

"W-Whatever, Pizza Girl!" He shuffled into the car and slipped out a piece of paper and handed it to me. I could read the list and see an order list of several pizzas. "We have a party we're hosting tonight. Get us these pizzas for free and you'll be let in. Don't, and... well..."

He played at my hat and had some sort of attempt of a menacing smile, though I couldn't tell from his ugly face. He leaned forward, his warm breath spreading all over my face, and I could tell he definitely took some sort of substance. "You might find yourself walking tomorrow."

I slapped his nose, and he yelped slightly as he flew his head back. I rested against the handlebars, finding myself more amused than usual. "If you want free pizza, how about diving into some dumpsters? Probably would taste great for the Trubbish you're hosting."

Another wave of "ooo"s exploded from the car. A Lairon lightly slapped Damian's chest, large smile on his face. "Dude, this Patrat's totally creaming you!"

"Shut up!" Damian shouted, his face starting to burn a deeper red. He thrust his head towards me again, and I noticed how unfocused his eyes were. "Get us some free pizzas, Pizza Girl!"

I looked over and saw the light turn green. Crumbling the paper, I threw it back at the Gabite's head. "Get a life, Damian." I rode off before he could try talking further to me, and I heard multiple curses from him as I biked away. I half-expected they would try to pull up next to me and dump some of their trash or liquids on me, but a few minutes passed convinced me they weren't going to pull that.

I couldn't help but dwell on the situation. Usually, Damian had been more intimidating and less flustered in the past. But with the others around him and apparently being under some sort of influence, it was like he was more of a nuisance than anything. However, he usually upheld his promises, so I planned to keep my bike in a safer place.

I flipped my kickstand and placed my bike against the fence. I gathered the order and, approaching a house looking like every other house on the street, I knocked at the door. I was met a gruff-looking Politoed who looked like he lived on twelve cups of coffee. Forcing the usual pizza smile, I shouted, "Pizza Delivery! You ordered two large Occa-Salsa Grand Kalos Baked, two Breadstick Boxes, one diet Soda Pop, and one Lemonade, is that right?"

The frog stood thoughtfully before acknowledgement seemed to hit him. "Ah, right. Movie night, or something like that," he grumbled in a deep, gravely voice. "How much?"

I looked at the receipt, reverifying the price. "Your order comes to 430 Poké!"

"Right then." He reached towards his bag and pulled out a few coins and took the food.

An Electabuzz appeared behind him and took the drinks and looked towards the street where my bicycle was parked as the Politoed hopped back in. The Electabuzz seemed a bit tired as well, but not badly as the Politoed. "Sheesh, riding a bike for work... And here I thought all pizza deliveries were made by vehicle."

"I'm just one of the few who use a bicycle." I checked to make sure everything was delivered and payment paid in full. "Hoping I'll get my license soon..." Satisfied, I tipped my hat and said, "Thank you for your patronage!"

"Sure thi-Wait, what is that car-"

A loud crash noise sounded from behind me. I looked back to see my bike scattered on the ground with pieces of the fence, mangled and twisted as pieces of pizza and Poké were strewn across the yard. The sound of tires squealing across the ground caught my attention and I saw a familiar red car with stickers. Echoes of distant laughter sounded in the air as my mind blanked.

"Hit-and-run!" the Electabuzz shouted. "We have a hit-and-run!"

Hard thumps sounded behind me, a heavier grumble accompanying it. "What happened?"

I turned around to see the Electabuzz with a serious face. "A red hatchback drove into this Patrat's bicycle. License plate had seven digits starting with BH, not custom, local, and it had some stickers with the name of 'Fake Tear Fable'. Seems like an intentional attack."

The Politoed grunted. "Right. Get the garage open."

"Roger!" The Electabuzz rushed off into the house, grabbing some keys along the way.

Still in shock, I asked, "What... what should I do?"

"We'll be calling local officers in the area." The Politoed squatted down to look directly in my eyes, flashing a golden badge with Reshiram imprinted. "Officer Flicks. I have a few questions. Know who that was?"

I found myself rubbing my hands together and glancing away from his intense stare. "N-No... At least, not the driver."

"Any name of those in the car will do."

"R-Right..." I felt my throat tighten, but managed to squawk out, "Damian Cross. He's a Gabite who has messed with me before, but never like this..." The flash of Damian's threat came across my mind, so I quickly added. "He said that if I didn't get him free pizzas for his party, I would be walking for work tomorrow, which usually means he was planning to do something with my bike, but-"

"Slow down," Officier Flicks said, hand raised. I jumped a bit as the garage opened next to me, but focused back on him. "Did you notice any other Pokémon in the car?"

I tried to focus and remember the other Pokémon in the car, but my mind was starting to jump all over and I started panicking a bit. "T-There was a Lairon in the backseat with him, but I didn't see the ones in the front."

"Did you meet them earlier today?"

I could feel myself shaking a bit, but I tried my best to answer. "Y-Yeah... a few minutes ago, actually. I was at a stoplight with them."

"I see. Did any of them say anything to you?"

"Just Damian." I felt a bit of pain from my tail, and I realized how tense and stiff it was. "No one else said anything to me, but they were all laughing at me."

The Electabuzz spoke into the radio, sounds of white noise breaking through. "And this Damian threatened you?"

"Y-Yeah." I felt sweat cover my head. "He has broken my breaks and cut my stuff before. Still..." I looked over back towards the field of scattered pizza and coins. "Never like this..."

"Right." The Politoed gave a deep exhale. "Thank you for your answers. We'll make sure to look into this further, and we'll need your support for anything further. For now, let's get in contact with your boss to explain what happened. Could you give us that information?"

"R-Right!" I squeaked, turning to face him. "Let me get my phone!"

I scattered over to the remains of my bike and searched the opened pizza bag, letting out a sigh of relief my phone was still in one piece. Afterward, I gave my boss's name and number and let Officer Flicks handle the rest.

Sitting on the yardside, I stared at the mangled bike. A morbid thought continued to strike in my head as I wondered...

"What if I was still on that bike...?"

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:30 pm