Canalave Library

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canalave Library

Uxie gave me a description. This is a library.

2 posters

This Breloom Is On Spores

Zorquil the Fluffy
    Zorquil the Fluffy
    Admin
    Admin

This Breloom Is On Spores Empty This Breloom Is On Spores

Post by Zorquil the Fluffy Sat May 08, 2021 11:48 pm

WARNING: This story was made to test how Chaptered Stories would handle on the forums. As such, this writing of this will be rushed and unedited as it is being written on the spot. You have been warned.

Chapter 1: Gold Pin and Spores

Lemmy walked around the forest, scarf around his neck and bag strapped to his side. The forest was cool, damp, and a bit foggy, which wasn't a good combination for the poor grass-type. With his eye-sight limited, he hoped he wouldn't stumble into any heavy mud pits. Arceus knows how much he got stuck in those pits.

A small light glinted in the grove, leading the Breloom towards it. Cautiously, he stepped towards the broken path with multiple branches scattering the floor. Looking around, he finally found the source of the light, as well as his objective: a small gold-coated pin his client wanted found. Grabbing it, he slid the pin into his bag pocket, a small smirk across his face.

'Yeah, this might get a good sum of cash,' he mused to himself, wandering back towards the path. 'Wonder how much this hapless sap will pay when my buddy steals it from me.'

After a couple of steps, he stopped and opened up his bag. Pulling out the map and opening it up, he traced a claw across it, searching for his position. "Alright, so I'm here," he said unconsciously, drawing his path towards the entrance. Calculations went through his head. "Should be fifteen to twenty minutes or so."

He slipped the map back into his bag and started pouncing back towards the entrance before a soft cry sounded from his right. He skid to a stop and listened closely. The cry sounded again, this time more noticeably a child crying for help. He smirked. "Wow, poor kid. Someone ought to help."

He chortled to himself and continued to run towards the forest entrance before a rustle sounded. He looked quickly to find a rescue team, badges shining from their bag. Again, he slowed to a stop, a small smirk coming across his face. "Seems like this kid'll get some help."

Lemmy snuck back into a bush and watched the rescue team made of a Buneary and a Lillipup. 'Two weak normal-types probably going on this rescue out of the goodness of their heart,' he sneered in his mind. 'What a bunch of naivety.'

The Lillipup barked happily. "I think we're getting closer to finding that Morelull! At least, that's what my nose is telling me!"

The Buneary laughed at her. "Yeah, yeah, your nose is telling you. Noses don't speak, silly!"

She stuck out her tongue. "Whatever, my nose knows!"

Lemmy watched as the two of them playfully hit each other. 'Lovely. A bunch of children on a rescue. Surely a wonderful idea.'

The Buneary's ears perked, his face becoming serious. "Wait, I think I hear something."

Both fell silent, listening closely. The Breloom couldn't hear anything from this point, but both seemed to nod to each other. "They really sound scared! Let's hurry up and help her!"

'There's my cue.' The Breloom jumped from the tree, releasing a bunch of spores across the field. Both the normal-types were frozen in a trance before the Buneary fell to the ground, sleeping peacefully.

"G-Grepa!" the Lillipup shouted. Lemmy took no chances and struck an uppercut to the Lillipup, sending her into the sky. She slumped to the ground, knocked out.

"Vital Spirit," he groaned. "That was close. If I was spotted, I would have been done for."

He knelt next to the Buneary and shuffled through his bag. Finding the request, he saw the reward was cheap: 150 Poké and a Special Band. The Special Band did nothing for him or his thieving friend, and 150 Poké wasn't worth nearly a fraction of the reward the gold pin would get him, but any good credit could make him seem more reliable. He took the mission and sprinted towards the location of the Morelull.
    Zorquil the Fluffy
    Zorquil the Fluffy
    Admin
    Admin

This Breloom Is On Spores Empty This Breloom Is On Spores

Post by Zorquil the Fluffy Sun May 09, 2021 1:21 am

Chapter 2: Muddy Spores

"... So, how much would you say that gold pin is?" Lemmy asked as his partner looked it over.

The Corviknight hummed, stroking the pin with his feather and brushing off a bit of dirt. "Not worth much on the black market. The reward to return it back to that old fogey would be much more."

"Great, a nostalgic fool." The Breloom swiped the pin back, throwing it back into the pocket. "Probably some sap story of 'treasuring one's beloved'."

Corvin rested back into his nest, blocking part of the sunlight shining through the small, wooden window and dimming the small hut. "Nothing wrong with that. If necessary, you could haggle with him to pay more for that little trinket, saying how much you fought just to get the pin back."

He grunted. "Rather snap it right in front of him. What's the point of keeping something just because of a memory?"

"Now, now..." he said, his deep tone of voice nearly rumbling the hut. "Just because you sold all your precious belongings for your wife just to be divorced doesn't mean you want to lose credibility of being a strong, dependable explorer, now don't you?"

"Gee, thanks for reminding me of how broke and homeless I am, Cor." He swung the door open, nearly breaking the door off its hinges.

"Always delighted to help, my dear old friend!" he exclaimed festively, prompting another growl from the Breloom as he exited the hut.

He slid down the ladder and looked towards the cloudy sky. Gray and gloomy, just like his future. Sometimes, he wondered what life would have been like if he hadn't met that cursed witch enchanting him with her wiles. Guess that's why her species was called 'Vile'plume. He furiously kicked a rock on the path, striking a wild Zigzagoon who squeaked and fled away deep in the forest.

A drop of rain hit his head, which turned into another, one after each other. The once open sky now flooded with falling drops of water across the open plains. He cracked a small, hate-filled smile, wondering if a wild Ludicolo listened and danced to bring the rain to taunt him. The chill of the rain caused him to shiver, so he swiftly walked over towards the nearby town towards his destination.

After several minutes of running through the rain, he darted in a local inn and dried himself by the nearby fireplace. A couple of other soaked Pokémon had the same idea, including the Lillipup and Buneary he took the request from, both their faces downtrodden. Warm drinks were being passed around freely, which Lemmy took callously.

"I wonder if the Morelull is okay..." the Lillipup said, huddled closely to the Buneary, who hugged her back.

"We'll try again tomorrow. We'll be more prepared for that Breloom next time!" the Buneary chanted.

Lemmy's blood froze as he snuck away out of sight behind a large Ursaring. 'Sporespread!' he cursed. 'How did they figure out it was me? Did the Lillipup see me before I got my attack in?'

"But we can't try again," the Lillipup continued, small whines coming from her. "We lost the request. Without it, we can't use our badges to send her home."

Both of them sighed in defeat, and the Breloom wandered off. To his dismay, he found himself in front of his client: an old Ariados. "Ah, I did not expect to meet you here!" he said, joviality in his loud voice. "I hope that nasty Corviknight didn't give you much problems?"

He looked back and felt a small relief no one looked at him. However, the longer he stood around, the higher chance he would be spotted by the two normal-types. "I'm still working on it," he said, thinking of an excuse. "Being a grass and fighting type, one Brave Bird was enough to take me out. I'll be more prepared to take on the Corviknight tomorrow, and I will get your pin back. Promise."

"Is that so?" the Ariados said curiously. "I wonder what you have planned, sonny?"

"No time to talk," he said. "I'm heading out to get some supplies."

The Ariados smiled, or at least his pincers seemed to be pinching happily. "My, how diligent you are! I knew I could count on such a wonderful explorer such as yourself!"

He nodded, gave a quick wave, and, burning his mouth from drinking the hot chocolate in his cup too quickly, he took someone's umbrella leaning on the side of the door and headed back into the rain, umbrella shielding his body. 'What do I do about this...' he thought. 'Those two probably heard about the Breloom who knocked them out, and someone's bound to be suspicious of me.'

After a few minutes of wandering aimlessly and shivering a bit from the cold, a quick splash alerted him to someone following him. He stifled a groan and looked back to see a Marshtomp. "Yo."

He looked back and gave a smile. "Pleasant weather we're having for water-types, don't you think?"

"Yeah, probably." He took some mud from the ground and spread it across his body. "Though this mud is pretty nice for swamp types like myself. Care to join me?"

"I don't think so," he said, shaking his head and holding his hand out. "Mud and me don't really mix well together, you know?"

The Marshtomp nodded. "Let me get to the point. Two normal-types, a Buneary and a Lillipup, were knocked out by a Breloom. Apparently, their rescue request was lost. I was wondering if you knew anything about that?"

'Great.'

"Afraid not," Lemmy said, attempting to sound as neutral as possible. "I've been busy doing an item quest for an Ariados. Did they see where the Breloom went?"

"They didn't," he said, getting into a fighting position, "but I feel like I'm close to whoever this Breloom is."

He shook his head. "You should do more investigation before leaping to conclusions. Just because I'm a Breloom doesn't mean I was in the forest with them."

The Marshtomp smirked. "Who said anything about a forest?"

He cursed himself internally as the Marshtomp drew closer. "I feel like I'm close to this Breloom," he repeated. "I'm sure you wouldn't mind coming with me?"

Lemmy placed the umbrella on the ground. "Guess there's no choice." He dug into the mud and launched himself towards the Marshtomp. A stream of water shot at him, but he circled around the shot and landed a blow to the Marshtomp's stomach, some energy flowing into him. The Marshtomp stumbled back before sliding around the mud and throwing several clumps of mud at him. He struck each of them with his claws before blocking the Marshtomp's head charging at him. Using his free claw, he struck a heavy blow at the Marshtomp's chest and flung him in the air.

The Marshtomp landed on the ground, landing with a hard grunt. He rose back to his feet and growled before charging at Lemmy with his head. He rose his claws and caught the Marshtomp again before twisting his head up and releasing some spores on his face. He pushed him back as the Marshtomp coughed before falling into a deep slumber.

He sighed. "Great. Onto the next town." He picked up his umbrella and walked away. "Guess I'll be selling this pin."
    BlackjackGabbiani
    BlackjackGabbiani

This Breloom Is On Spores Empty Re: This Breloom Is On Spores

Post by BlackjackGabbiani Fri May 14, 2021 12:08 am

Huh, a criminal Breloom. Don't see that every day.

I'm not that familiar with the PMD setting. Why do they need the badge to send someone back?
    Zorquil the Fluffy
    Zorquil the Fluffy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Zorquil the Fluffy Tue May 18, 2021 9:09 pm

BlackjackGabbiani wrote:I'm not that familiar with the PMD setting. Why do they need the badge to send someone back?
    In the games, you can take on multiple missions and clients, so the badge is an easy way to rescue clients; much easier than having many potential "weak" Pokémon following you and trying to lead them out of the dungeon. They don't "need" to use the badge, but it's convenient to use it. Also, rescue badges connect with their rank, so the more rescues they do with their badges, the more points they can get to a new rank.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:51 am