Canalave Library

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canalave Library

Uxie gave me a description. This is a library.

4 posters

Asmo's "Shut Up and Write" One-Shot Event Month ONE

Asmodean95
    Asmodean95

Asmo's "Shut Up and Write" One-Shot Event Month ONE Empty Asmo's "Shut Up and Write" One-Shot Event Month ONE

Post by Asmodean95 Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:06 pm

Don’t know what to write?  Tired of writing the same stories every time?  Wish you had a chance at some sort of reward for writing?  Well fear no more, this event has got you covered!  Every month, there will be a topic posted up for you to use in writing a oneshot fanfic.  These topics will range from broad genres like “Romance” or “Mystery” to more specific writing prompts such as “A Day in the Life of a Gym Leader” or “Beach Vacation”.  Suggestions for topics are very welcome, so feel free to tag me in the discord or DM Asmodean#1227 directly.

So what about this reward then?  Personally I am more than willing to put up a $10 steam gift card as a reward to for every month.

How exactly will the “winner” be chosen then?  First off, I want to make it very clear this is not a judged contest.  Anyone who submits a fic by the end of the month that qualifies will be entered into a drawing to win that month's prize.  This is to ensure that anyone feels welcome to post an entry.  The main point of this event is not for it to be competitive, but to encourage people to not only write, but to write outside of their comfort zone as well.

To start with, we will be running a trial period of 3 months.  If participation for those 3 months is good, then I’ll gladly continue the event for as long as people remain interested.

Submission Rules:

1:  Submissions must use the provided topic, be it genre or prompt, as an overall basis.  

2:  The plot must be resolved by the end of the submission.  If you want to use your submission to start a longer fic, feel free to but please keep the original submission self contained for the sake of those reading all submissions provided.

3:  Submissions must all fall under the Pokemon fandom.  Creative changes to canon, AU, or Cross-overs are allowed at the author’s discretion so long as the overall setting remains within the fandom’s umbrella.

4:  Submissions should be no longer than 10k words in length.  Obviously this is not the most concrete rule and longer submissions will not be denied, but author’s may be asked to provide an edited version if the submission is excessively over the limit.  There is no minimum word count, but please do not cheat yourself and toss together a hasty few paragraphs just to get entered into the drawing.  A month is being provided for each topic so use it!

5:  OC’s are allowed so long as the submission still follows the topic provided.

6:  Similar to the OC rule “fakemon” and non-canon regions are also allowed so long as the majority of the submission still falls under the Pokemon fandom.

7:  Submissions must be provided as a comment under a forum post to be posted every month.  Please do not post the entire fic in the comments as we (hopefully) will be receiving a decent number of submissions.  Instead, either post the fic first to AO3/Wattpad/Canalave Forums/Fanfiction.net and then comment a link to the submission on the event forum post.

8:  In the hopefully unlikely event that the forums are down, submissions will be done through discord instead.

9:  Finally, please keep all submissions SFW.  As stated in the discord rules, there are minors present so keep it PG-13.

This month's topic is: "A Day In the Life of a Gym Leader".  Take any gym leader you want, and write a one-shot involving them.  It can be a charming slice of life, an action packed adventure, even a little romance!  Submissions will be open until JULY 12th.  Happy writing!

KitCatCandy456 and Ateraid like this post

Vray
    Vray

Asmo's "Shut Up and Write" One-Shot Event Month ONE Empty Re: Asmo's "Shut Up and Write" One-Shot Event Month ONE

Post by Vray Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:01 pm

Puph_17
    Puph_17

Asmo's "Shut Up and Write" One-Shot Event Month ONE Empty Re: Asmo's "Shut Up and Write" One-Shot Event Month ONE

Post by Puph_17 Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:00 pm

Bay
    Bay

Post by Bay Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Very last minute, but here's my entry! Centers around my favorite Galar gym leader Asmo's "Shut Up and Write" One-Shot Event Month ONE 1f60a

https://canalavelibrary.forumotion.com/t43-burning-bright-one-shot#156

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:59 pm